Last Updated on January 6, 2021 by Enrico Botta
Slowing the Biological Clock
“Man is programmed to live 180 years, if he does not reach this age the causes are to be found in the wrong diet, in the inadequate lifestyles and in the environmental that accelerate the aging” said Robert Gallo
(Director of Institute of Human Virology at Maryland University, Baltimora)
Slowing the hands of the biological clock has always been the dream of man: being an adult and feeling full of energy, with a deep and restorative sleep like that of a child, a luminous and relaxed skin, an excellent muscle tone and mood .
This simple article aims to provide useful information to prolong the functions that characterize the young age over time, without having the pretension of replacing the instructions of your doctor. Premature aging is caused only by a third by genetic factors and by two thirds by external factors: therefore each of us is responsible for 70% of its aging!
The Length of Telomeres
An incredible discovery comes from the University of Montpellier (France), where a group of researchers from the Institute of Functional Genomics, led by Jean-Marc Lemaitre, has been able to reprogram in vitro some cells in old age, now degraded and close to the end , turning them into induced pluripotent stem cells. For their experiments, scientists used cells donated by men between 74 and 101 years of age and managed to give back to the older particles those ability to divide and multiply that seemed lost. The new elements produced in the laboratory resembled in all respects the original cells but they had no trace of aging! The application of the results will have very long results (around 15 years).
One of the ways to combat premature aging is to reduce oxidative stress as much as possible. A group of Spanish scientists has developed a test capable of predicting how much we will live: it is a simple blood test (for a fee) that measures the length of telomeres, ie the portions of DNA placed at the end of the chromosomes that protect them from damage.
Telomere Telomers are considered indicators of the speed of aging: the longer the telomeres will be and the longer we will be. The outcome of the levy could represent an incentive to inaugurate a healthy lifestyle that would contribute to increase the activity of the telomerase, ie the enzyme that repairs the telomeres.
The Importance of Food Integration
Unfortunately, even the adoption of the healthiest lifestyle is not enough sometimes to protect our state of health. In fact, a good part of the fruit and vegetables, when not contaminated by toxic substances, comes to our table to a large extent stolen from their nutrients, due to acid rain, desertification of land, conservation processes, food handling , etc. Even if nutrition provides all the nutrients we need, they often find themselves in front of barriers, with a clogged extracellular matrix. Under normal conditions this matrix forms a three-dimensional structure, such as a sponge that surrounds and protects the individual cells of our body, ensuring the correct supply through the blood, oxygen, nutrients, hormones, neuromodulators, drugs and adequate removal from tissues of waste products. Furthermore, the cells may not be in the most suitable conditions to use the nutrients ingested with food, as they are the victims of oxidative stress.
The set of these considerations suggests that in particular risk conditions (exposure to pollutants, stress, work or study, unbalanced feeding, inadequate intake of antioxidants, inadequate exercise, etc.) it may be useful to hire, in the context of a environment as healthy as possible and of a correct lifestyle, of supplements.
Botta’s Suggested Integrators
- QUERCETINA COMPLEX by SOLGAR: Food supplement containing Quercetin, Vitamin C Ester-C® , Bromelain, Bioflavonoids from citrus fruits and Rutin in association with Rosa canina and Ciliegia acerola. The fruits of Rosa canina L. and Ciliegia acerola (Malpighia glabra L.) have antioxidant, support and restorative properties. Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system, helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue and contributes to the normal formation of collagen for the normal function of gums, skin, cartilages and bones. I take a capsule every morning.
- Fortend by PharmaSuisse Laboratotories: Food supplement based on Curcumin MicroActive (500 mg), Epigallocatechin gallate and Bromelain with Coenzyme Q10, Manganese and Selenium. Manganese and Selenium are useful for the normal formation of connective tissue. I take a capsule every two days.
- OMEGA-3 : A capsule every day (250 mg).
Botta’s Life Rules
Food integrators are not sufficient without a correct life style. The mine is:
- DISCOVER ANY EVENTUAL DISEASES WITH PERIODIC EXAMINATIONS RECOMMENDED BY YOUR DOCTOR.
- FIGHT FREE RADICALS AND CONSIDER A MIX OF PROVEN ANTI-AGING SUBSTANCES, WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF YOUR OWN DOCTOR.
- FOLLOW A CORRECT AND NOT EXCESSIVE FOOD DIET AVOIDING AN EXCESS OF FATS.
- EAT A LITTLE AND GOOD.
- AVOID GLYCEMIA BREAKS.
- AVOID THE EXCESS OF SODIUM.
- KEEP IN PHYSICAL EXERCISE, PERFORM SPORTS.
- SLEEP AT SUFFICIENCY.
- AVOID SMOKING, DRINKING ALCOHOL AND LONG SOLAR EXPOSURES.
- KEEPING THE BRAIN IN ACTIVITY, “FEED” THE MIND WITH NEW ASPECTS OF KNOWLEDGE, POETRY, PHILOSOPHY, LOVE, TRAVEL.
- DRINKING WATER TO SUFFICIENCY AND A RED WINE GLASS A DAY.
- KEEP THE STRESS UNDER CONTROL.
- STAY THE MOST POSSIBLE AWAY FROM RADIATION SOURCES (HI-FI, TVM RADIO, ETC.).
- PRACTISE OF SEX ANY TIME YOU NEED BY INCLUDING AUTO-MASTURBATION.
- LOOKING FOR LIVING OR PASSING MORE TIME TO THE OPEN AIR, AWAY FROM URBAN CENTERS.
- SEARCH YOUR INTERIOR CHILD.